Home Staging Tips for Home Sellers
The year 2018 is approaching and with a new year comes a new beginning! That new beginning we’re speaking of may pledging to workout once a week or it could be selling a current home. One question we are commonly asked is “How should I prepare my house for sale?” The Hopkins Team has the answer you home sellers out there are looking for!
“Home staging” is an important part in the preparation process of selling ones home. The better your house looks, the more appealing it will be to house hunters looking for a home on the market. Here are the basics of staging each room in your house, including the outdoor areas.
- Get organized
- Thoroughly clean each room, including the furniture and floors
- Clear out your closets and drawers
- Paint neutral colors (this is a cheap fix for most houses)
- Remove personal photos
- Landscape with fresh mulch and a manicured lawn
- Get rid of things you don’t need anymore (having a garage sale is a way to earn some money off of those things that you’re getting off your hands)
- Neutralize your home. In other words, don’t personalize your home so much that buyers cannot see themselves living there.
Remember, the outside of your home needs to look spectacular because this is the first thing buyers will see when they pull up to the driveway. Curb appeal matters! Home sellers should also consider staging a friendly walk through to make potential home buyers feel more welcomed when they come to see the house. For a more personalized walk through call The Hopkins Team and “Let our Family help your Family make your move!”
The Hopkins Team
Dondi & Dianna Hopkins