Of course, when anyone is selling their home, they want to achieve the highest sale price possible. There are some obvious ways to make a home look more appealing, such as freshening up the landscaping, getting rid of clutter, ensuring that it’s clean, and more. However, Dondi Hopkins, team leader at The Hopkins Team, part of Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate and a consistent top-producing team ranked in Florida, is pleased to share 5 insider’s tips about how to get top dollar for your home:
1) Focus on cleaning and organizing the closets. By showcasing that you take excellent care of your closets, you are getting potential buyers to believe that you do the same with the rest of your home. It has been proven that the cleanliness and organization of a master bedroom closet is one of the most important things that a homebuyer looks for.
2) Touch up all paint at corners. When you have lived in a home for a number of years, you may not even see areas that need a paint touch-up. But buyers do. Be sure to check all corners, behind furniture, etc. for places that need a simple refresh.
3) Purchase a fresh welcome mat for curb appeal. When you are showing your home, you will have more foot traffic than normal, and yes ― people do notice the welcome mat. A clean, neutral mat will give a wonderful first impression of your home.
4) Buy a few bags of new mulch to catch the eye. Some simple mulch can be very visually appealing. Laying down fresh mulch around the base of trees or in a flowerbed can work wonders for a yard and further impress potential buyers.
5) Place flowers and candles in various locations around the house. Flowers and candles are always welcoming. Fresh flowers spruce up a home with more color and delightful fragrances. As for candles, the sense of smell is the strongest of all of the senses to have buyers form a connection ― or disconnection ― with a home. Stick with simple scents like orange, lemon, basil, vanilla, pine and cedar.
If you are interested in selling your home in the Plantation, Davie, Weston, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines or Southwest Ranches area, be sure to contact The Hopkins Team at 954-915-8011. The team members, who live and work in these communities, have a strong understanding of the area and know how to price your home.
About Dondi Hopkins/The Hopkins Team
Dondi Hopkins, ABR, e-PRO, CRS, Global Luxury Specialist, P.A., RSPS is the team leader at The Hopkins Team, a well-known Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate team throughout Florida. It is part of NRT LLC, the nation’s largest residential real estate brokerage company. Through the combination of hard work, professionalism, and an unyielding commitment to meet our client’s real estate needs, The Hopkins Team was awarded membership to the Legends Society, NRT top 100 teams, and Florida Top 100. The Hopkins Team has also been recognized for placing among the top 1 percent of sales associates with NRT Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate. It is located at 600 N. Pine Island Road, #150, Plantation, FL 33324. For more information, call 954-915-8011 or visit TheHopkinsTeam.com.