1.People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the
3. One of the highest percentages of “listings sold” to “listings
taken” occurs during this time of year.
4. You may receive more money for your home now, because you
have less competition.
5.Throughout the holiday season, you may restrict showings during
your personal family events.
6. Houses show better when decorated for the holidays.
7. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays
especially during vacations.
8. January is traditionally the biggest transfer month – and you
must be in the market to capture those buyers since transferees
cannot wait until Spring to buy.
9. By selling now you can have a delayed closing or extended
occupancy until the beginning of the following year if you want it.
10. When you sell during the winter you have an opportunity to buy
during the spring, when many homes are on the market.
11. You may have fewer actual showings but more qualified and
12. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax
…And in Florida we have one more reason…snowbirds here for the holidays may
just be tempted to buy that second home!